Brehain Artillery Fort – France


Brehain was designed as an artillery fort and between September 1939 and June 1940 fired 20,250 75mm, 1,780 81mm and 2,220 135mm shells in support of neighbouring forts. In the 1950’s Brehain was modernised as part of the revised Maginot Line to halt the advance of Warsaw Pact Forces should a land invasion have been mounted.

 

Laisser un commentaire

Entrez vos coordonnées ci-dessous ou cliquez sur une icône pour vous connecter:

Logo WordPress.com

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte WordPress.com. Déconnexion / Changer )

Image Twitter

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Twitter. Déconnexion / Changer )

Photo Facebook

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Facebook. Déconnexion / Changer )

Photo Google+

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Google+. Déconnexion / Changer )

Connexion à %s