Syrian female TV correspondent Yara Abbas killed in Homs

Syrian rebels have killed a TV correspondent who was covering clashes near the border with Lebanon, according to the Syrian information ministry.

Officials said Yara Abbas, a prominent female war reporter for state-owned Al-Ikhbariyah TV, was attacked near the military air base of Dabaa in the central province of Homs.

Dabaa air base is near the town of Qusair, which has been under attack by government forces and members of Lebanon’s Hezbollah group since last week. Dozens of rebels, troops and gunmen have been killed in the heavy fighting.

Several journalists covering both sides of Syria’s conflict have been killed since the crisis began in March 2011.

Syria’s civil war, now in its third year, is thought to have killed more than 70,000 and displaced more than one million. It is fought between forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad and rebels, mostly from the disparate Free Syrian Army.

The conflict has spilled periodically across the ceasefire line and Syria’s borders with Lebanon, Iraq and Turkey, threatening to engulf the region

941576_471640522918823_977174853_n 969059_535070363216749_28209169_n

Panias Massacre-Syria

Number of victims of the massacre of Banias, which is divided between the village of al-Bayda Inspirations top of the spring in the city, amounted to about 400 people registered, while there are about 300 others missing and unaccounted for.
According to Shehu, the regime’s forces and the Shabiha has buried the bodies of dozens of dead victims of the massacre Beida in a mass grave dug mechanisms, as the water tanks to clean the streets of the village from the effects of the massacre before entering Red Crescent teams to it, is not identified on the identities of dozens of others because of the effects of distortion on their bodies , or because Tfhmha result burning, or being displaced to the village from nearby areas.  »
According to eyewitnesses, the Banias experience currently quieter cautious after the displacement of hundreds of families for fear of a repeat of the forces of order for its massacres.

253257_488343887885471_1789310492_n 315970_525329877524131_1557374908_n 375013_356365981131272_1695105587_n 448602 600962_264289190384265_1190057706_n 603508_496415593745670_1083013082_n 940981_356366867797850_364025093_n ykjjqh0q مجزرة-بانياس-السورية-315x420

Car Bombing in Rayhana in Turkey kill 43

Two car bombs exploded in a Turkish town of Reyhanli, near the Syrian border, according to Reuters. The area is home to thousands of Syrian refugees fleeing that nation’s civil war.

Turkish Prime Minister Bulent Arinc said the Syrian government, led by President Bashar al-Assad, was a prime suspect in the attack.

« We know that the people taking refuge … have become targets for the Syrian regime, » Arinc said in comments broadcast on Turkish television. « We think of them as the usual suspects when it comes to planning such a horrific attack. »

No one claimed responsibility in the immediate aftermath of the attack, and the Syrian government made no statement.

Turkey has supported rebels fighting against Assad, and previously had seen some of the violence spill over into its borders. However, Saturday’s attack marked the most deadly since the Syrian conflict began two years ago.